Women & Money
It's no wonder that we've named this section "Women & Money," from Suze Orman's famous book, Women & Money. Orman equips women with the financial knowledge and emotional awareness to overcome the blocks that have kept them from acting in the best interest of their money—and of themselves.
Helping women plan their financial lives has always come easily to Oak Leaf's Jon Sweet. Having been raised by a single mother and watching her handle the household budget alone gave Jon a soft spot for helping women plan for the future. He truly understands how much women do in the workplace and for their families and how important it is for women to be able to stand (financially) on their own. Jon knows how to get to the heart of the matter when it comes to women's feelings around money. His mission is to help women feel secure and in control of their financial picture, for several reasons.
- Life span. Women are living 10–20 years longer than their male counterparts. Does your financial plan account for long-term care for both of you?
- Widows. What would happen if your spouse passed away unexpectedly? Would you have the peace of mind that you and your beneficiaries will be financially stable?
- Divorcees. Don't let a divorce ruin your financial security, or worse, your ability to retire! Oak Leaf Wealth Management can help make sure that you plan so that you always land on your feet.
- Same-sex relationships. Laws on inheritance, wealth transfer, and other wealth sectors have changed rapidly since the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage. We partner with top-of-the-line attorneys, accountants, and other consultants with a large gay and lesbian clientele. We are ahead of the game when it comes to financial planning for same-sex couples.
- Long-term care insurance. Statistically, women live longer than men and outlive their partners. We can help you make sure that you're covered for the years ahead.
Jon’s daughter, Marja, has joined him in the financial planning and wealth management field. She looks forward to becoming a leader in the industry, pushing for innovation and becoming a model for entrepreneurial women in business.