What to Bring
At Oak Leaf, we know how important financial planning and wealth management is for each client. We know that having a financial plan in place helps give our clients peace of mind and enjoy their retirement years as they’ve always envisioned.
We offer complimentary consultations for new clients. This is an in-person visit or a phone call, during which our advisor collects some basic information from you.
Financial planning advice is best given when the advisor has a good understanding of your personal goals and objectives, fears and concerns, dreams and aspirations. Therefore, it is imperative to your future financial success that we are able to obtain your complete financial information—not just a part of your financial affairs. We request that you provide full details on personal assets, investments, pensions, and real estate. Below is a list of the documents and information we request that you bring to your first advisor meeting.
- Names and contact information of individuals who provide you with advice related to your finances (attorney, accountant, banker, insurance agent, etc.)
- A rough outline of your monthly expenses (expense worksheet)
- Copy of your pay stub
- Employment benefits description
- Most recent IRS tax return
- Most recent 401(k) statement
- 401(k) choices/selections
- Pension information
- Recent statement of all open credit card accounts
- CD maturity dates
- Money market statements
- Currently held stocks and number of shares
- Brokerage account statements
- Face amount of Series E, EE, and HH bonds
- IRA statements
- Latest declarations page from auto, home/renter’s, disability insurance
- Life insurance policies and most current annual statement
- Long-term care policies
- A copy of your will/trust
- Statements for investments
- Social security estimate
Commonwealth Financial Network does not provide legal or tax advice.