Stop working. Start living.
Enjoy your retirement years as you've always envisioned.
Oak Leaf Wealth Management specializes in retirement planning. It’s simply what we do best. Saving for retirement usually dominates other savings goals because retirement years can span decades. Our goal is to take the fear out of retirement planning for our clients and help them feel secure about the years ahead. Retirement planning requires developing an accumulation strategy in your working years that will support your retirement lifestyle goals.
Making the switch from the accumulation stage to the dispersement stage in retirement planning is something that needs to be carefully addressed. Oak Leaf Wealth Management is seasoned in creating financial plans that help ease the transition. Retirement income planning is a big part of that transition.
Common ways of saving for retirement are:
- Employer-Sponsored Plans – The most common plans are 401(k)s and pension plans.
- 403(b)s are retirement plans for public organizations and nonprofits.
- 457s are similar plans for employees of state and federal governments and agencies.
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) – Can be started by a business or an individual. Our practice is to coordinate your IRA with your other savings plans.
- Roth IRAs are plans where, up to a set limit, contributions are taxed but withdrawals may be made tax-free.
- Nonqualified Executive Compensation – Businesses may have special tax-advantaged retirement plans for key employees.
- Personal Savings – We help clients determine if they have a “retirement gap” and need to save money outside of specified retirement plans in order to reach their retirement goals.